22 January, 2010

Ham & Cheese Log


1 Pillsbury Pizza Dough, Refrigerated
5-6 thick slices Ham
1 C. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/4 C. Mayonnaise
1 egg, beaten
1-2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, grated (preferably fresh)

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Lay out pizza dough on counter, over top of flour so as not to stick. Shape should be about a 8x12 inch rectangle. Use rolling pin if needed.

Top with ham to within 1/2 inch of edges.

Mix the cheese and mayonnaise together and spread evenly over the ham.

Fold lengthwise into thirds, pinching seams together to seal. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.

Brush with egg and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before slicing.

*My son had not been eating dinner very well for the past 2 weeks. I had him help me make this easy to fix dinner and he loved it. I couldn't believe how much he scarfed down. My husband said it tasted like a 5 star hot pocket. I served it with steamed broccoli because that was all I had in the house at the time; but enjoy thinking of some creative ideas for sides.

Health Info:
Makes 7 slice servings. Each slice is approximately 325 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment