17 February, 2010

What works for me...

might not work for you! I have always been a breakfast eater, and always will be. I did not know the benefits of eating breakfast were so substantial until my nutrition class. When you skip breakfast, you are likely to become tired when your brain and body run low on fuel. By mid-morning, you might grab a cup of coffee or wolf down a sugary candy bar to wake up again. This might work for a few minutes, but by lunch time you are hungry, crabby, and perhaps your mood might make you a little more prone to make unhealthy choices at lunch. So, what should you have for breakfast? A good breakfast should provide a quarter to a third of the day’s nutrient needs.

#1. Eat Breakfast "I have 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup 1% milk, 1 tsp flax seed (for fiber, which causes fullness), 2 Tlbsp sugar or honey (tastful). I add my carbohydrates in with 1 whole wheat toast spread with 1 tsp. butter. Total calories for my breakfast ~380 calories.

Breakfast is my big meal of the day with the most calories because I have all day long to burn it off. Therefore if I were to eat this many calories in the evening, the fat content in the food will sit contributing to the obese factor.
Look for #2 tip tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment