09 September, 2010

Grocery Shopping ...

Today was my first time for grocery shopping - planning for freezer meal cooking. I have to say - I was rather excited with the outcome.

Grand Total: $98

Includes:
-Recipes From Oddible Sublime
Mom's Chicken Noodle Soup
Fettucine Alfredo
Beef N' Broccoli Stir Fry & Fried Rice
-Recipes From Freezer Meal Cook Book
Hawaiian Haystacks
Creamy Chicken and Rice Bake
Cheesy Ham Bake
Sirloin Tips with Mushroom Gravy
Chicken Puffs
Garlic Mashed Potates

All of these meals are doubled and will be frozen. The price also includes bulk items I bought for freezing and bags and containers as well!

Breaking it down:
16 Meals
4 Side Dishes of Garlic Mashed Potates

I will be using only 12 this month and carrying over 4 to the next. By doing this each month I will build up a supply for those times I don't have time to cook, hot summer months when I don't want to cook, and when our baby comes and I can't cook. Those seem to be my major priorities with this.

That breaks down to about $6 a meal, and the meals are even big enough to leave plenty of left overs for Hubby at work.

... I will be having my cooking day tomorrow and I'll report on how much time I actually spend on cooking for 16 meals, bulk and side dishes. I will also post all the recipes from my freezer cooking book that I have used ... hopefully with some pix.

No comments:

Post a Comment